The Maryland Manufactured Housing Coalition was established in 2007. The Coalition was started to provide our industry with greater visibility and leadership related to Maryland legislation and land local building code and regulatory issues. Our trade group is also committed to promoting professionalism and best practices within our industry. MMHC members represent some of the largest, well respected communities in the state with over to 4,900 home sites represented. In addition we represent some of the states top quality and highly respected retailers and suppliers.
MISSION STATEMENT: (revised draft march 2010)
The Maryland Manufactured Housing Coalition (MMHC) is a state based trade association representing the interests of land lease community owners, operators, managers, developers, lenders and suppliers. The MMHC serves its members by being an advocate for the industry and providing a voice before state and local public policy makers, the media and the general public. MMHC works to improve the business climate for its members, increase professionalism within the industry and create more opportunities for the growth of manufactured housing and successful development and operation of land-lease communities.
To sustain a healthy and competitive marketplace for HUD Code and Modular housing related business. Expand opportunities for land lease communities and individual lot development for manufactured housing in Maryland.
MMHC Operational Goals:
- Operate a state association that seeks to benefit all manufactured home related businesses in Maryland. The operation of the association shall be open and transparent to all members. All board members will be apprised of all decisions and policies before they go public. We provide regular updates to our members regarding our activities and decisions.
- We support MHIA 2000 and seek to have Maryland be a self rule state and we are committed to working on achieving this goal.
- We are interested in pursuing reform with MD Housing Code and want to see legislation passed to amend Section 8A as submitted to the MD legislature in 2009.
- We support the notion of community owners contributing to relocation assistance in the event of land use change and community closure. We will work with the MD legislature to achieve this goal.
- Push for fair zoning laws in Maryland to allow a more competitive environment which allows new mobile home communities to be built.
- Minimize state regulation on retail sales of HUD Code homes.
- Pursue residential fire sprinkler reform and seek an exemption for all HUD Code building lots approved, including existing land lease community infill and replacement homes.
- Play an active role in Annapolis every year so we can make a difference when we are challenged.
The Maryland Manufactured Housing coalition (MMHC) is a group of business owners and employees committed to sustaining affordable housing in Maryland by providing housing alternatives through Manufactured Housing, HUD Code Homes and Modular Homes.
Our group consists of over 30 Maryland based businesses located in 11 different counties including: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Caroline, Cecil, Frederick, Howard, Harford, Washington, Wicomico, Montgomery, Talbot and Prince George’s counties. The services represented by our members include:
- Retail home sales
- Community developers and operators. Collectively we have over 4,900 homes within our communities.